Thursday, November 13, 2008

What does my XM radio say @ 8:01 a.m. cst?

What does my XM Radio now say @ 8:01 a.m. cst each weekday morning?

"Click."

The last shows w/ Mark Patrick are airing on BBTM and I find myself getting up earlier to hear what's left in the tank. I am not excited about the prospect of listening to a Buck-only or substitute co-host on this program. This isn't just "switching Dicks" (Darren Stevens couldn't be reached for comment), it's ripping the heart and soul out of a three-and-one-half-year-old morning companion. Started the day right, got a replay in case you weren't having an early day, and learned something more about the great game. Ground-breaking stuff.

I genuinely fear this management snafu will cause me to cancel the service altogether. The music side has been seriously (or Sirius-ly) screwed with and about 100 really talented people picked up their severance checks today. Makes my time w/ Radio Paradise now all the more precious.

So they send the satellite back to Earth w/ local-broadcast mentality, shock jocks, listener calls and limited playlists.

And my finger responds accordingly.

Click.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home